The Project Engineer is recognized as being capable of performing difficult and technically challenging work which may be assigned to them within their engineering specialty. May be in charge of portions of a project and may be assigned the project leader responsibility on projects.
The duties listed below are minimum requirements for the position, but are not all encompassing. Each individual is expected to perform any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
• Assigned to project team and may make major design recommendations
• Prepare preliminary task list
• Organize and maintain project files
• Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with project team to produce construction documents
• Produce sketches and system schematics for complicated design tasks such as layout of mechanical or electrical equipment rooms
• May serve as a field engineer during construction
• Coordinate ceiling and wall clearances with other design professionals
• Select details which will be used on the project
• Document existing conditions and perform some troubleshooting
• Edit master specification sections to be project specific
• Edit and coordinate control sequences for temperature control systems
• Attend construction progress meetings and produce site observation reports
• Produce final punch lists
• Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials
• Prepare addendums, proposal requests and change orders
• Initiate additional service requests and turn over to Project Manager for submittal to client
• Prepare engineering opinion of probable cost for mechanical or electrical systems and review construction manager/contractor cost estimates
• Provide value engineering ideas
• Review drawings for compliance with company standards
• Involved in developing and maintaining company design and production standards
• In role of project leader, coordinate staff activities and maintain responsibility for project budget, staffing, schedule and quality
• Proficient use of computer spreadsheets and design programs for engineering analysis and equipment selections
• Edit word processing documents and understand procedures for file saving, retrieving and transferring
• Maintain a neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members
• May be working on several concurrent projects
• Attend in-house seminars and educational opportunities outside of the office
• Participate in technical and professional societies
• Other duties as necessary and assigned
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
• Minimum six years previous engineering experience
• Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting
• General knowledge of mechanical and electrical system design
• Understanding and knowledge of applicable design codes
• Registration at this level is requested
• Must be able to communicate with a variety of individuals; must be able to follow verbal and written instructions/directions and respond to inquiries
• Must be able to operate a computer and other business office machines
• Must be able to move about the work area and travel to work-sites as needed or required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; AutoCAD and Revit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.