With minimal or no supervision, this position performs routine hematology laboratory tests. Routine coagulation and urinalysis and body fluid counts. Analyzes, records, and reports test results, conducts quality control when appropriate, and maintains equipment in working order. Other duties include, but not limited to, the following:
• Records and reviews results to determine if additional testing is required and performs those tests as needed.
• Performs troubleshooting of instruments, takes and records corrective action. Problems requiring advanced technical knowledge are referred to a higher level.
• Participates in inter/intra laboratory committees, such as safety committee
• May assist in the set up of new procedures, modification of existing procedures, update of procedure manuals, and evaluation of new products.
• Performing other duties as related or directed.
Must have the ability to operate sophisticated and technical equipment and perform tests requiring analytical and interpretive skills with a high degree of accuracy. Level of knowledge obtained through a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with certification in one of the various Clinical Laboratory disciplines and one year of satisfactory work experience in an accredited clinical laboratory is also acceptable. ASCP or NCA certification required.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.